Neck Pain Treatment
Auto accident injuries such as whiplash or cervical herniated discs can turn out to be a pain in the neck. Without the right neck pain treatment, the underlying condition can become chronic or lead to loss of mobility. The good news is chiropractic care at Forever Oak Health Center has shown to help improve cervical pain without using surgical procedures. Our Bloomfield Hills chiropractor, Dr. Kozlowski, uses various natural techniques to restore function.
Neck Pain Causes
The neck consists of a flexible cervical spine. The spine is made up of discs, bones, and nerves surrounded by muscles, tendons, and ligaments. The main function of the neck is to support the weight of the head and allow it to turn in almost every direction. However, being flexible makes the neck prone to pain from acute injuries, strains, sprains, degenerative disc disease, and misalignment. Even holding the head in a forward and downward position for a long time can cause pain. Other common causes include:
- Spinal stenosis
- Whiplash or neck sprain
- Stress or tension from overuse
- Bulging or herniated cervical disc
- Poor posture, e.g., sleeping in a bad position
Neck Pain Symptoms
The pain can be sharp or dull and range in intensity from mild to debilitating. It can shift to the shoulders, arms, or hand and may be accompanied by numbness or tingling if there is pressure on a nerve. Other symptoms include soreness, stiffness, limited mobility, and pain when moving the neck.
Neck Pain Treatment by Our Chiropractor in Bloomfield Hills
We will perform exams, note the symptoms you're experiencing, and test range of motion to pinpoint the source of the pain. If necessary, we will perform an x-ray, CT scan, or MRI to check for misalignment, herniated discs, or other musculoskeletal imbalances. Next, we will tailor a neck pain treatment plan that can include the following treatments:
- Chiropractic Neck Adjustments – This conservative technique, also called cervical manipulation, proves to be an effective way to alleviate neck or disc pain and stiffness. Using his hands or a small device, Dr. Kozlowski will realign the cervical spine by applying precise pressure to the neck joints. The first adjustment can increase the mobility of the spine, allowing you to tilt or turn the head without feeling as much pain. The symptoms should subside after several adjustment sessions.
- Soft Tissue Therapy and Rehabilitation – Massage therapy and corrective exercises help to reduce stiffness, boost healing, and strengthen the cervical spine.
Call to Request an Appointment with Our Chiropractor
Forever Oak Health Center provides chiropractic care that Bloomfield Hills, MI, residents trust. There are no drugs or surgical procedures involved. Plus, you can continue receiving routine neck adjustments to prevent injury and pain. Call 248-907-0887 today, and we'll help schedule your appointment.